Re: Dell & UPS Delivery Tracking

"Tom McCune" <news1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:14Z2f.35079$Xl2.29341@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:eaY2f.185924$p_1.93427
> @tornado.tampabay.rr.com:
>
>> They should both show being shipped to your home. Doesn't make ANY sense
>> why they originated in Harrisburg. Dell doesn't have any thing there,
> not
>> even a shipping depot.
>>
>> Sure you have the right tracking numbers?
>
> Something is apparently wrong with the UPS tracking system and/or Dell
> shipping.
>
> When checking now, they have four entries instead of the two that were
> showing. The two original ones both now show a stage of "N/A". The two
> shown as being shipped to my village have a stage of "In Route". The
> weights on the two larger packages are not the same (one N/A, and the
> other
> In Route). This is all showing under my Customer Number and Order Number.
> Mine are both showing a delivery of 10/13.
>
> This does not inspire a lot of confidence for whoever has messed this up.
> Obviously, I will watch my credit card charge on this.
>
> The "Package Progress" shows as:
>
> Oct 11, 2005
> 5:23 P.M. HARRISBURG, PA, US ORIGIN SCAN
> 6:55 A.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
>
> Tracking results provided by UPS: Oct 11, 2005 8:44 P.M. Eastern Time
> (USA)
>
> --
> Tom McCune
> http://www.McCune.cc

Did you go to the UPS site and click on "Details" - that usually gives a
little more info. When my computer was shipped Dell's site originally said
2 boxes but then it changed to 3. I remember the one box said N/A also. I
think it was the speakers. The monitor came in one box, the computer in
another, and the speakers in another (all arrived the same day). Did you
order extras (example, printer) which could account for 4 boxes?

  • Re: Dell & UPS Delivery Tracking
    ... >>> why they originated in Harrisburg. ... >> Something is apparently wrong with the UPS tracking system and/or Dell ... > said 2 boxes but then it changed to 3. ... I think it was the speakers. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Dont buy ... build yur own instead
    ... many boards have video onboard ... support SATA hard drives although the ones that do may only support 2 ... Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse ... Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
  • Re: New 32-bit (x86) computing options from Sun, Oracle, and Red Hat explained today.
    ... Because Dell systems are generally crud. ... which turns out to be that the hardware timer tick ... As far as these flaky boxes go, ... for the first time so I can put in a bigger drive then maybe I'll grab ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: New 32-bit (x86) computing options from Sun, Oracle, and Red Hat explained today.
    ... > Because Dell systems are generally crud. ... Meanwhile our DELL boxes keep on plugging away running FreeBSD. ... I'm really sick of Sun boxes that go "RED STATE EXCEPTION" and fall ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Subwoofer not working in Vista 64bit
    ... Just replaced my Dell 4400 with an Xi i7 running Vista 64bit. ... These speakers consist of a pair of small stereo speakers that sit on ... When plugged into the green sound output on the new system's ...