Re: Why does my mouse drag?

dmmac@xxxxxxxxx (Dan and Margaret MacLerran) wrote in
news:28858-42DA8A34-447@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hello
> I have a new Dell 3000 (purchased in march) and just recently my
> mouse doesn't run smoothly -- Sometimes when I go left to right
> -- it stops - I have to pick up the mouse, set it down and try
> to drag it again --- I've inspected the ball on the bottom and
> it doesn't appear to be dirty -- any other suggestions?

Dirt on the mouse's ball isn't usually the problem, it is dirt on the
rollers that the ball drives.

Undo the bottom plate to release the ball and remove it. NB the
bottom plate is sometimes a LH thread.
Check the rollers up inside the mouse for dirt and use a probe to
remove same.

  • Re: Why does my mouse drag?
    ... >> Dirt on the mouse's ball isn't usually the problem, ... >> on the rollers that the ball drives. ... >> Undo the bottom plate to release the ball and remove it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Why does my mouse drag?
    ... Dirt on the mouse's ball isn't usually the problem, it is dirt on the rollers that the ball drives. ... Undo the bottom plate to release the ball and remove it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Why does my mouse drag?
    ... Dirt on the mouse's ball isn't usually the problem, it is dirt on the rollers that the ball drives. ... Undo the bottom plate to release the ball and remove it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Fixing a mouse
    ... pointer will only travel either horizontially or vertically (and in a ... straight line). ... check to see that said rollers are in the correct position ... an overhaul - just for the heavier ball thats included. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: I cleaned my mouse
    ... dorayme wrote: ... As an old time mouse cleaner, the ball was just the first vector to the ... You had to clean the lint out of the roller and off the axle. ... Yes, it was almost always build-up on the rollers, I used a pair ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)