Re: Mothers smoking while pregnant

On 20 Apr 2010 12:10:00 +1200, DavidM <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder if any research has been done to see if one's difficulty of
quitting is affected by whether one's mother was a smoker while one was
in the womb.

I suspect that if a mother smokes while pregnant, the young human inside
will equate nicotine with the bliss and comfort of the womb, which would
make it harder for one to quit as an adult.

Cheers

Hmmm. The only times my mother ever quit smoking were when she was
pregnant. I smoked through my first pregnancy and not through the
next 3. My only child who doesn't smoke and never has is the eldest.
Sue

  • Re: Mothers smoking while pregnant
    ... quitting is affected by whether one's mother was a smoker while one was ... in the womb. ... pregnant. ... them about their pot smoking but they gave that up on their own. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Octuplets: Reproductive freedom taken to its logical conclusion?
    ... Revelations about the mother who recently gave birth to octuplets have ... to GET pregnant when we so choose. ... The mom of six children and now fourteen was exercising her freedom to ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: Britains youngest Parents.
    ... have become Britain's youngest parents. ... The new mother was 10 when she met her boyfriend. ... "I know girls who've been pregnant at 13 and have had the ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Two sad cases
    ... A 12-YEAR-OLD girl of St. Margaret's, Claxton Bay became the mother ... the young student of St. Margaret's Government Primary School. ... The father of the baby was reportedly staying at the girl's home when ... "She was already seven months pregnant. ...
    (alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic)
  • Incompetence - long anecdotal read
    ... Below is an anecdotal list of some of the incompetency my mother and I ... experienced extreme pain in the original area of the clot in her calf ... Doctor proceeded to cut me and when he tried to remove my ... about 8 pregnant ladies all wanting to know what happened. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)