Re: Mothers smoking while pregnant

On 20 Apr 2010 12:10:00 +1200, DavidM <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder if any research has been done to see if one's difficulty of
quitting is affected by whether one's mother was a smoker while one was
in the womb.

I suspect that if a mother smokes while pregnant, the young human inside
will equate nicotine with the bliss and comfort of the womb, which would
make it harder for one to quit as an adult.

Cheers

Hmmm. The only times my mother ever quit smoking were when she was
pregnant. I smoked through my first pregnancy and not through the
next 3. My only child who doesn't smoke and never has is the eldest.
Sue
.