Re: 5 Years

yeehaw!! happy OOF
--
:) Lynn OOFOF+ Leaper
support www.quitbuddies.org

"Lizzie" <morningarden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hpdl2f$r6r$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I thought that when I got 5 years into my quit, I'd have some words of
wisdom that would just shake the smoking world into stopping. Silly me. I
don't. I am only grateful that I was able to find wisdom that worked for
me while I struggled to end my addiction.

One of the smartest things I did (and still do) is read this newsgroup.
Collectively, there is wisdom here that I would have never had the
opportunity to have access to anywhere else on the planet -I am given such
incredible insight from real people struggling in the same way I am, every
day. The "junkie thinking" has saved my quit more times than I can count.
The screams of anger at nicotine have touched me and given me resolve.
This group is brilliant. Coming here was brilliant. Sticking out this
quit will always be one of the most brilliant things I've done.

Hard? YES, yes. I learned, though, that I can do hard things. What a
gift that is for me, every day of my life. I, Lizzie, can do hard things.
I didn't know that for a fact 5 years ago.

One of the side effects of all of us being in various stages of quitting
is that we are making a better world for those that follow us - we're not
contributing to the pollution in our bodies, in our air, or on the ground
by leaving stubbed out, stinky butts on the sidewalks or roads of our
environments. We're not passing on germs because we're coughing, we don't
make other people gag in elevators because we smell so bad. We've
improved other people's lives as well as our own. That's pretty special.
Yes, we were the problem - I regret that every day. Now we are the
solution and there is nothing more empowering.

I think we can change the world by quitting smoking, one by one. One step
from each of us, every day. Heal ourselves. Encourage others. Love
others through it. Draw on your own strength and wisdom whenever you have
a doubt. Certainly these are not words that would shake the world, but I
pray they at least make one other person blink.

Deep in my heart, I do believe..We shall overcome some day.

Bless us all,

Lizzie

OOF

  • Re: 5 Years
    ... wisdom that would just shake the smoking world into stopping. ... I think we can change the world by quitting smoking, ... Certainly these are not words that would shake the world, ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: 5 Years
    ... wisdom that would just shake the smoking world into stopping. ... This group is brilliant. ... I think we can change the world by quitting smoking, ... Certainly these are not words that would shake the world, ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: 5 Years
    ... Happy dang OOF Lizzie - you have been an inspiration to all of us! ... I am only grateful that I was able to find wisdom that worked for me while I struggled to end my addiction. ... I think we can change the world by quitting smoking, ... Certainly these are not words that would shake the world, but I pray they at least make one other person blink. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: 5 Years
    ... I am only grateful that I was able to find wisdom that worked for me ... Coming here was brilliant. ... I think we can change the world by quitting smoking, ... Certainly these are not words that would shake the world, ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: 5 Years
    ... I am only grateful that I was able to find wisdom that worked for me ... I, Lizzie, can do hard things. ... I think we can change the world by quitting smoking, ... Certainly these are not words that would shake the world, ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)