Re: Olympics - skiing - questions

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:06:26 -0500, "Clams Canino"
<cc-marine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Lynn" <lynn.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

that won't happen because the US doesn't have the official Olympic
coverage, that belongs to the host country. CTV Canada owns the rights (
this Olympics) and they sell it to other countries and other countries
will only pay for their own athletes.

And as a rule, they will only pay for thier own because that's what sells
the best.

Exactly!!!

That said.. I did see a hocky game on NBC that the US did *not* participate
it over the past weekend. In fact I missed the much touted US / Canada
game completely.

CNBC and MSNBC have shown a lot of things that aren't really relevant
to the US. Lots of curling and hockey matches of other countries. On
the 19th they had on the hockey game for Belarus vs Sweden.
Sue

-W

.