Re: Olympics - skiing - questions

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:06:26 -0500, "Clams Canino"
<cc-marine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Lynn" <lynn.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

that won't happen because the US doesn't have the official Olympic
coverage, that belongs to the host country. CTV Canada owns the rights (
this Olympics) and they sell it to other countries and other countries
will only pay for their own athletes.

And as a rule, they will only pay for thier own because that's what sells
the best.

Exactly!!!

That said.. I did see a hocky game on NBC that the US did *not* participate
it over the past weekend. In fact I missed the much touted US / Canada
game completely.

CNBC and MSNBC have shown a lot of things that aren't really relevant
to the US. Lots of curling and hockey matches of other countries. On
the 19th they had on the hockey game for Belarus vs Sweden.
Sue

-W

  • Re: Sell and ship outside the United States?
    ... how to price things, write ads, and deal with buyers. ... to sell and ship outside the US. ... I don't know how to include an ebay shipping calculator in my ... Protection for sales to most foreign countries. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Federal Reserve begins to print
    ... quintuple insure it, cut it into tiny derivatives, call it LBOs and sell it ... to other suc er other countries. ... comes up "nobody", central banks will have no alternative other than ... at least the derivatives guys at AIG are doing OK with their ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: ODP not really available everywhere in the world.
    ... Unit 731 was a Jap unit set up in China which performed really nasty ... >> right to refuse service to individuals, businesses and countries whose ... >> We don't sell and will not sell to Russia or to any member of the old ...
    (sci.optics)
  • Re: Sell and ship outside the United States?
    ... how to price things, write ads, and deal with buyers. ... to sell and ship outside the US. ... I sold international for years and accepted BidPay for foreign sales ... Protection for sales to most foreign countries. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • ODP not really available everywhere in the world.
    ... We don't and will never do business with communist countries who hold ... We don't sell and will not sell to Russia or to any member of the old ... We admit that this is bad business. ... American Countries and in the true free China, ...
    (sci.optics)