Re: How long until you feel normal again?

Kathleen wrote:
Someone, who has over a year on the meter, asked me how long until you feel normal again.

I didn't have time to properly respond.
I want to know how you all would answer that question.
What a great thread it would make.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Normal? You mean, like you did when you were smoking? The answer to that is never. How long until you can leave the grocery with a smile on your face? Three months. How long until you can shrug off the major triggers? Six months. How long until you are really, really happy that smoking is not an option? At least a year. The good news is that, in retrospect, the struggle seems fleetingly short, and the rewards keep on coming.

We don't ever have to smoke again. How very cool is that??

Hugs,

Maude

  • Re: Quitting and Support Groups.
    ... 'Each of us are is involved in a struggle against temptation, ... Smoking is not physically difficult to give up, ... We do not need support to overcome physical craving. ... Our brainwashing is individual to each us and is reinforced by ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Quitting and Support Groups.
    ... 'Each of us are is involved in a struggle against temptation, ... Smoking is not physically difficult to give up, ... We do not need support to overcome physical craving. ... Our brainwashing is individual to each us and is reinforced by ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: re Test
    ... Sorry that it is still a struggle for you but so glad you are still part of our TGO8's group...... ... The stimulus is the same, my boyfriends smoking behaviors, but I ... smoke, I am closer to bipolar behaviors. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Feeling Better
    ... coffee because that is really wrapped up with smoking in my case. ... The FAQs I first read have helped alot, ... but the did see me smoke like a fiend. ... By voicing the struggle you are having, Pete, you are helping others. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Avoid False Incentives
    ... I have a far more profound understanding of the smoking trap than you ... As for your statement about me forgetting the struggle, ... All you have to understand is that it is an addiction, no more, no ... I paid nothing to support my quit. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)