The importance of celebrating

I think it's just great that we celebrate our milestones here no
matter if it's one day, one week, one month....or 100 not smoked, $100
save (or pounds or euros).....or interesting strings of numbers.
One of our receptionists at work has had a serious drug problem (meth)
for years. The county (our employer) had tried to work with her to no
avail. She finally went into residential treatment and is in NA and
AA so she is back at work and doing great. Tomorrow is her 6 month
sober and drug free anniversary so one of the supes is baking a cake
and we signed a card for her (I didn't quite get the message because
it was sentimental stuff about we know you're going through a hard
time right now but things will get better and the rough road and
clouds before sunshine and so forth which didn't seem appropriate
since the point is to congratulate here on 6 free months and tell her
we're proud of her, but that's not the point of my post). Anyway, one
of my co-workers was grousing because she didn't think that 6 months
was worth going to all this trouble for. I didn't say anything
because I just wasn't up to stirring up any trouble (remarkable!), but
that annoyed me.
I'm so glad that we have each other to pat us on the back (awkward
phrasing) and the yodeling gnomes and Horace.
Thanks everyone.
Sue
Three years, three months, three weeks, four days, 21 hours, 57
minutes and 48 seconds. 40059 cigarettes not smoked, saving $6,669.85.
Life saved: 19 weeks, 6 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes.

  • Re: spam messages
    ... Select any of the email addresses on the right-hand pane and don't worry if it goes to the wrong section. ... It's just a matter of doing what they do and shift around to another ISP in a matter of minutes. ... Eventually people will learn that going online with a pc that isn't 'online-worthy' gets them into trouble. ... Sooner or later the message will get through to enough people to render newsgroup flooding of this type no longer worth the time and trouble. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Why didnt the tsunami victims loot and go crazy?
    ... >> have a high cat 4 or cat five storm barrelling down on a city below sea ... >> trouble and it doesn't matter how much money you throw at the levees. ... what do you think of the Bush admin. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Crikey
    ... last week he was in trouble and "just now" he is the Hero. ... > from my customer saying that he has received an award for sticking his ... > Regards Tim. ... No matter what you do, you can always find some sour grapes somewhere. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Popping In
    ... very glad you have the answer..I think that was the most frustrating part for me was getting all the reasons nailed down so I could fight against it. ... I've posted before that I have had trouble with my numbers ... naturopath for another matter and got some blood work done. ... only charged me his cost, it didn't cost me anywhere near the $400 I ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Popping In
    ... I've posted before that I have had trouble with my numbers ... naturopath for another matter and got some blood work done. ... only charged me his cost, it didn't cost me anywhere near the $400 I ... Definitely, so glad you hit on it, and I hope you keep feeling better. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)