Re: $1.00 per pack increase tomorrow

In article <ef0o45hsjfmovr5b038q78k7giqvfgubk0@xxxxxxx>,
Brian Matthews <noonecares@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01 Jul 2009 19:16:04 GMT, anon3c67@xxxxxxxxxxx (Bruce Watson)
wrote:

It means people who don't smoke pay less taxes.

I hate to argue but when was the last time you read a tax was going
down? Sure, pay less here because we're going to gouge you there.

How?

I don't smoke.

I will not be paying ANY tobacco tax.

And I will be paying that much less because smokers will be paying it.

  • Re: So Tendulkar will be remembered as.....
    ... Most of these shop-owners don't pay a single paisa tax ... a fraction of what they should be paying. ... attempted to do was a scam. ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: Hooray! The recession is over ( maybe)
    ... That's because the NI you pay now is not providing for your ... it's paying for the pensions of people who are already ... review into the long grass. ... NI is just another tax, it should be "rolled up" into income tax and ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: Under the Tories: 4 billion goes from new homes
    ... A citizen's wage would magically collect and assemble itself, and then pay ... thus without changes it would be revenue positive...not ... without large tax increases for some (and we can easily make a guess at who ... frictional losses involved in collecting it and paying it out again so they'd ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Any here actually believe that unbaptised children will suffer some detriment?
    ... gross pay for almost everyone as I have shown and nobody would be paying ... dealing with the tax they pay on their taxable, as a basic rate taxpayer, ... "Let's say there are 20M people in the UK earning at least £11k/year, ...
    (uk.religion.christian)