Re: OT and totally depressing

snip
) look in my eyes when they talk about their pain and
fear, and they don't look away.  They hold my gaze like I'm the only person
in the room.  Is it because I don't look away?   Why don't I look away?

Because you are human ?
snip

  • Re: A Sun-Treatment Cure
    ...     Not long ago a colored girl, aged 17, came to have her eyes fitted ... watched her as she tried in vain to keep her eyes open. ... Do you suppose she will let you cure her without glasses?" ... "She is in pain and cannot ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: Ten handy facts about shellac
    ... *SNIP* of #1 thru #10 ... I laughed until I had tears in my eyes. ... feel your pain. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Mental Pictures an Aid to Vision
    ...     When an object is seen perfectly it is possible to form a perfect ... mental picture of it; when it is seen imperfectly this cannot be done. ... their eyes, or so far away, that they are unable to see it clearly, ... After they become able to imagine that a letter which they see is ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: School Children at the Clinic
    ...     We have so many interesting cases among the children sent to us ... the past year her teachers had been saying that she needed glasses, ... eyes with the Snellen test card I found that her vision was very poor. ... could think of nothing but glasses for my child. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: Imagination in Retinitis Pigmentosa
    ... Her distant vision with glasses (concave 6.00 ... S., both eyes) was 20/40 in the right eye and 20/50 in the left, ... nothing above, below, or to one side of her line of vision. ...
    (sci.med.vision)