OT: JOKE....Ole and Lena

Vell, Ole and Lena went to the same Lutheran Church. Lena went
every Sunday and taught Sunday School. Ole went on Christmas and
Easter and once in awhile he went on one of the other Sundays.

On one of those Sundays, he was in the pew right behind Lena and
he noticed vhat a fine looking woman she was. Vhile dey were
taking up the collection, Ole leaned forward and said,

"Hey, Lena, how about you and me go to dinner in New Ulm next
Friday?"

"Yah, Ole, dot vould be nice," said Lena.

Well, Ole couldn't believe his luck. All week long he polished up
his old Ford, and on Friday he picked Lena up and took her to the
finest restaurant in New Ulm. When they sat down, Ole looked over
at Lena and said,

"Hey, Lena, vould you like a cocktail before dinner?"

"Oh, no, Ole," said Lena. "Vat vould I tell my Sunday School
class?"

Vell, Ole was set back a bit, so he didn't say much until after
dinner. Then he reached in his pocket and pulled out a pack of
cigarettes.

"Hey, Lena," said Ole, "vould you like a smoke?"

"Oh, no, Ole," said Lena. "Vat vould I tell my Sunday School
class?"

Vell, Ole vas feeling pretty low after that, so he yust got in
his Ford and vas driving Lena home ven dey passed the Hot Springs
Motel. He'd struck out twice already, so he figured he had
nothing to lose.

"Hey, Lena," said Ole, "how vould you like to stop at that motel
with me?"

"Yah, Ole, dot vould be nice," said Lena.

Vell, Ole couldn't believe his luck. He did a U-turn right then
and there across the median and everything, and drove back to the
motel and checked in vith Lena.

The next morning Ole got up first. He looked at Lena lying there
in the bed, her blond curls on the pillow. "Vat have I done? Vat
have I done?" thought Ole. He shook Lena and she woke up. "Lena,
I've got to ask you von ting," said Ole. "Vat are you going to
tell your Sunday School class?"

"Lena said, "The same ting I alvays tell dem. You don't have to
smoke or drink to have a good time!"

  • Re: JOKE....Ole and Lena
    ... taking up the collection, Ole leaned forward and said, ... "Hey, Lena, how about you and me go to dinner in New Ulm next ... "Yah, Ole, dot vould be nice," said Lena. ... "Vat vould I tell my Sunday School ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: OT-Drinking, Smoking & Motels
    ... Sunday and taught Sunday School. ... Vhile dey were taking up the collection, Ole leaned forward and said, ... "Hey, Lena, how about you and me go to dinner in New Ulm next Friday?" ... "Yah, Ole, dot vould be nice," said Lena. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • OT-Drinking, Smoking & Motels
    ... Vell, Ole and Lena went to the same Lutheran Church. ... "Yah, Ole, dot vould be nice," said Lena. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: The latest Dead Spread A++
    ... Do you know Ole and Lena? ... Ole went home with a heavy heart to tell Lena the news. ... "Oh, dat Lena!" ... treats -- cookies, tea rings and breads cooling on the sideboard and on ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: OT-Ethnic Hoomer!
    ... You know Ole & Lena vas married...right? ... von day Lena comes home in da afternoon from shoppin' and she ... finds Ole is aready home now, ... "Vat da heck ya doin' already home?" ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)