Re: OT for Mike

Well said, elle.

--

ep ooooooooof
"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The
second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." -- Henry James

"elle" <elle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I was embarrassed to be Californian this week with the passage of
Proposition 8. There is a demonstration scheduled for our town tomorrow;
my husband and I fully intend to be there to show our support for those in
our society who are the current favorite targets of this brand of hatred
and discrimination.

Personally I believe that if religious institutions are going to dictate
their version of morality to the rest of us through interference in
government and policy, they they ought to be required to pay their fair
share of taxes, as well. People can subscribe to whatever brand of hate
suits their fancy, I suppose, but church and state should remain firmly
separated.

<off soapbox>

hugs,

elle