Re: Today's the day

On Dec 5, 10:03 am, 1_is_2_much <Kuma...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Rosie -
That's exactly what worked for me "read & post" in the past.
I hope your quit is going well..

reading and posting to this group is the biggest reason that i was able to
quit.
here is my meter:

I am truly a hopeless case because I quit every day & screw up the
very same day most of the time..
This has happened for a good 90% of this year.

Yesterday, I started the thread "Today's the day"
Well, I must admit I lasted only 6 hours. It's humiliating -- but I
plan to keep posting everytime I quit just so I am atleast somewhat
honest with myself.

Anyways, I quit agaiin today..at 1 hour now..
Thanks for your support!

Wonder if you might wanna go get your doctor involved.
You sound like me for 10 years before I got Chantix.
I didn't use the word humiliation.
But I did use the word ashamed quite a few times.

  • Re: Meter restart
    ... When I found my meter I was ... I was also honest with myself about how smoking was affecting my health. ... Think this through Kate. ... Get your quit tools in order. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: 11 years
    ... I posted late yesterday, but to be honest, I didn't feel that a ten ... year three week so many hours and minutes, meter had quite the same ... my longest previous quit was 4 years. ... Bangor NI ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Flirting with re-addiction
    ... Smoking worked for me in that respect. ... has to do with "well okay, I smoked, but I'm not resetting the meter ... Joe Blow, on the other hand, smoked 12 cigarettes on the night of August 12, ... Joe Blow has as much quit time as I have (or close enough ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: I am sorry I overreacted
    ... My original response to CB's initial post was both low-key and straight to the point, stating that a person's decision regarding meter resets were their own business, and that his post was not helpful. ... I have a soft spot in my heart for Carmen, who was one of my original quit buddies and who has worked perhaps harder than anyone else I know to stay quit, and I am admittedly perhaps overly sensitive when someone with absolutely no prior knowledge of her makes what I consider to be inflammatory posts. ... You guys showed folks today how to react correctly to a difficult situation, and you yourself handled things with a great deal of grace. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: 99 Days & Scrounging in a Gutter Tonight
    ... QUIT* There is a common goal or this group would not exist. ... > body, or the foundation, as a building, is when people are honest with ... I'm a happy quitter and not one person saying ... > I guess that's why the original post in this thread snagged on my brain. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)