6 months. . . half old fart B-)

I missed this milestone. Can't believe it, was counting up to the day and
then plain forgot. Wasn't going to make a big deal of it, but then thought
well it is a big deal.
I get a lot out of reading others postings in here, has really helped me in my
quit, so would be selfish of me not to contribute.
Not a day goes by when I don't remember smoking, but only 'cos it feels so
damn good not to have to suck on that cig. I see people rushing outside for
cigarettes, hanging by the door trying to look cool coming back inside
stinking. Isn't it off how people think an extra spray of perfume or a mint
takes it all away!!
I read most of the posts here - the milestones, the falling off the quit wagon
the rants, raves and bitches. I get snippets of info from all these stories,
that just helps my quit grow stronger.
The most important info that has helped me has been:-

NEVER FORGET WHY YOU QUIT. My main reason was for the grandkids, want to be
around for them and always have arms free for cuddles. Look at a kids face
when a cigarette is being lit, and then see the mimicry in their play.
I had a bit of work done on my teeth and thought no nicotine on these babies
and they're still white and bright.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUST ONE. This takes a while to sink in. I know I
don't want one cigarette, I want 1 or 2 packs a day to feed the habit, nothing
less will do but is so true -why would I want to go through all that
withdrawal bullshit and sticky patches again, but also to see that meter go
back to zero, ('cos that's the only way I reckon, anything else is just
fooling yourself.)

WATCH OUT FOR THAT DAMN NICODEMON, IT TAKES MANY FORMS. Even your friends
"come on, one won't hurt." Yes it bloody well will.

I think I've been very lucky in quitting, craves not too strong, not very
frequent. Have put on a bit of weight, but that was going on before I quit,
so it's not just giving up that has done it.
I'm on a health kick - exercise and calorie counting - it's working. The
dog's looking pretty good too!! Have just bought some new runners - RED
ONES - makes me faster B-)
I'm nearly looking good enough to go to the gym !! B-)
I'm going to look so hot when I do the big bomby in the tubs!!
Thanks once again to each and every one of you, you've probably saved my life.
XXXXXXXX
Iz

Bambam not smoking tobacco for 6 Months, 1 Day, 19 hours, 52 minutes and 42
seconds. Saving AUD$2,185.33

.