Re: Hey, Marvie - I finally walked

Sue wrote:
I got off my lazy ass yesterday and went for a walk during break time
at work. It was only a circuit around the perimeter of the parking
lot which covers a block. My usual walking music (from the old days
when I wasn't so lazy) is a tape of Sousa marches. I highly recommend
march music for walking because it helps one keep up the pace. Now, I
imagine myself to be the drum major leading the band. Slowing down is
not an option because I don't want to get goosed by the trombones or,
worse yet, knocked over and trampled by the entire brass and reed
sections. Ya gotta watch those flautists, ya know. They can be
vicious.
Somehow, for yesterday's walk my tape had gotten turned over (I
suspect my grandson) and I ended up walking to the Wedding March
(Lohengrin). That about had me running just to get away from the
whole idea.
Sue
---
1m 8:55 smoke-free, 931 cigs not smoked, $155.01 saved, 3d 5:35 life
saved

LOL!

Atta Girl!

Do it daily and make it a new habit (maybe without the wedding march tho!).

I've been riding my bike to work this week -- so it now takes approx. 40 secs instead of the 5 minutes to walk -- and using the stationary bike for the past 6 or 7 weeks almost daily has given me back my 'biking legs' from my twenties. I can take off like a bat-out-of-hell and my lungs feel really, really good.

Keep it going Sue -- I'm really happy you're starting this. After a bit you may become addicted to it (!!) or the endorphines. It doesn't take to much to start reconditioning your body -- just start with a little exercise but repeat it daily.

Thanks and keep me updated on your progress!

Cheers!!

-- Marvie

  • Re: Entropy sources under WinXP
    ... He'll be promoting such as subjective Terrance until his walking ... Why will you sue the diplomatic continuous ... cats before Owen does? ... We deposit them, then we fondly list Hamza and Abdellah's unlikely ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: The weight thing :o(
    ... Sue wrote: ... and a few pairs of pants that I couldn't zip at all a few ... orange sauce) for the first time. ... we're hoping to do a lot of walking to offset the ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: The weight thing :o(
    ... Sue wrote: ... trip today, and a few pairs of pants that I couldn't zip at all a few ... we're hoping to do a lot of walking to offset the ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Stephen Booth! Re: Between Book Slump
    ... "> Thanks Sue. ... > north of Tulsa. ... Walking back from the mailbox just now all my mail went ... Yes, horrible wind today. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: OT: What the Finns REALY are like :o)
    ... All that walking made my legs a full 2 inches shorter, ... Mom and dad had put a lot of effort on the program and arrangements on board, ... The wedding ceremony on Friday morning that started the whole deal for us was rather short and uneventful, a simple civil wedding at the city hall. ... We are planning a second wedding next year this same time, which will then be a more traditional ceremony and reception with guests and all. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled)