Re: Echo

thanks echo for all the informatiom.....this realy is helping....i hope and
wish all the new quiters will read it to....it really makes sence and
helps.....i know i have a long way to go but i also know i want this quit
more than i want to smoke.....and with one day at a time i will do it....and
my choice is i will not even take one puff........but i also know i can't
get too cocky......and ur story is just as imporant as mine maybe even
more....:)...........thanks again Patsy

"Echo" <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Patsy, ....i'll do my best to ease your mind..
>
> I won't bore you with the details of my story..what's important is that I
> had an "ah ha" moment sometime while reading and digesting every single
> word on this web site http://www.joelspitzer.com/selfhelp.htm
>
> You can download a pdf of the teachings here:
> www.whyquit.com/joel/ntap.pdf
>
> What i learned during this time was to stop that damned self-defeating
> attitude that I'm kind of seeing in your posts. I don't want to sound
> harsh, but my advise is "get over it". There's only one option for you
> Patsy, and that is to NEVER take another puff. Simple. Period. It's your
> choice.
>
> Once you accept that you are an addict, and that there is no silly
> "NicoDemon" contolling your thoughts, and the more you embrace your quit
> rather than this constant fighting with youself, the, the easier you
> recovery will be.
>
> Read these..perhaps they will help.
> http://www.joelspitzer.com/ntapletters/Joel_01_01_junkie.html
> http://www.joelspitzer.com/ntapletters/Joel_01_05_why_do_I_smoke.html
> http://www.joelspitzer.com/ntapletters/Joel_03_03_one_day_time.html
> http://www.joelspitzer.com/ntapletters/Joel_03_04_not_smoke_today.html
>

> Embrace your recovery Patsy. Even the cravings...they only last a few
> minutes.
>
> You may also find this group inspirational...I did!
> http://www.msnusers.com/FreedomFromTobaccoQuitSmokingNow/
>
> Finally, you need to learn how to care for your quit as beautifully
> written here:
> http://www.msnusers.com/FreedomFromTobaccoQuitSmokingNow/advice4newbies.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=57748
>

> It says:
> [quote]
>
> Caring for Our Quit
> The recovered cocaine addict, the heroin addict, the nicotine addict -
> each knows the law of addiction. They've heard it over and over and over.
> Just one, just once, that's all it ever takes and it's back! They've also
> read or heard about the relapse study data indicating that 95% of
> recovered addicts who take just one puff, one hit, one snort or one
> injection, experience full and complete relapse. They know the rule of
> addiction and they know what happens if they break it. Then why do we?
>
> There are three primary factors associated with relapse: (1) rewriting the
> law of addiction; (2) an excuse; and, (3) a vague memory. It doesn't
> matter if it happens within two weeks after quitting, two months, two
> years, or twenty years, the factors remain the same and apply to all of
> us. Rewriting the law of addiction is easy and you don't need a pencil,
> paper or computer to do it.
>
> "Just one puff" and then "do not pass go, do not collect $200, but go
> directly to the addict's prison and surrender your freedom for good." It
> isn't that the recovering nicotine addict doesn't know or believe the law
> of addiction, because we do.

> [...]

  • Re: Free nicotine cessation tips! (yes, really.. ;-) )
    ... the friendliness of it's members and never really went back to Whyquit. ... i might also mention that I'd quit a couple of times in the past ... my original comments were regarding their 'law of addiction' (without ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Free nicotine cessation tips! (yes, really.. ;-) )
    ... Had I not stumbled upon WhyQuit in June of 2005, I'd probably still be smoking. ... I found this place *after* I quit via the teachings of WhyQuit. ... i find this 'law of addiction' an interesting *** i don't know what word to ... date from nicotine addiction. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Free nicotine cessation tips! (yes, really.. ;-) )
    ... I'm not saying that Whyquit has not saved lives nor that it might be a life ... kept their quit. ... of course addiction should be treated as addiction. ... method other than not smoking another cig and what kind of law is that? ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Free nicotine cessation tips! (yes, really.. ;-) )
    ... the issue of some other stop smoking sites has been a sensitive topic in as3 ... i find this 'law of addiction' an interesting *** i don't know what word to ... that if you don't smoke any more cigs you will have successfully quit ... date from nicotine addiction. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Echo
    ... you need to learn how to care for your quit as beautifully written ... They know the rule of addiction and they know what ... law of addiction; an excuse; and, ... The excuse can be anything. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)