Re: OT: For Marilyn, Dawn, John V.G., Eddie, Alan, et al...
- From: me@xxxxxxxxxxx (TammyM)
- Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 14:12:41 GMT
Reminds me of Father Guido Sarducci
(there's a-Canada, a-loomin' over us ....)
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:51:11 -0400, "Jef." <jefo715@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Reasons to Fear Canada:
>Ninety percent of population is massed within 100 miles of northern American
>Seems not to mind that one of its provinces has turned almost entirely
>Excessive politeness only makes sense as cover for something truly sinister.
>Citizens seem strangely impervious to cold.
>Decriminalization of marijuana and acceptance of gay marriage without
>corresponding collapse of social institutions indicate Canada may, in fact,
>Has infiltrated entertainment industry with singers, actors, and comedians
>practically indistinguishable from their American counterparts.
>Consistently stays just below cultural radar, yet never quite disappears.
>Parliamentary government and common-law judiciary appear to function
>acceptably yet remain completely inscrutable.
>Never had a "disco phase."
>Seemingly endless supply of timber, donuts, beer, and Scotch-plaid hats with
>Keeps insisting it "has no designs on America" and "only wants peace."
>Plays a mean game of pond hockey.
- Prev by Date: *Article <Knowledge is Power Series> The chemical factory of smoking (2)
- Next by Date: Re: For Marilyn, Dawn, John V.G., Eddie, Alan, et al...
- Previous by thread: Re: For Marilyn, Dawn, John V.G., Eddie, Alan, et al...
- Next by thread: OT: A Friday offering to Xena