Re: Support NMSS

On Aug 12, 8:17 am, Stephen Wolstenholme <st...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:34:42 -0500, "TomB" <radone9...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We all need pitch in and help the NMSS.  It must be difficult to meet their
overhead so they can find a cure.  I mean, just the prez alone (Joyce
Nelson) has to be paid a salary of over 400,000.00 a year.  That's just the
tip of the iceberg (global hot air don't help).  I just know Joyce will find
a solution, with the help of the pharmaceutical industry.

tic TomB

There's no way we can depend on an MS society to find a cure. When a
cure is found it will probably the result of some independent research
into the central nervous system. If I placing a bet I would put my
money behind research into reactive glial cells. Either way, win or
lose I'll be long dead before a cure is found.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd                  www.NPSL1.com

to be honest with you, I just dont think we're smart enough to figure
it out.
I hear all the time how pharma doesnt want a cure so we'll never have
one.
The pharma isnt in the curing business, they're in the drug business.
And its a business to
make money, like any other business.
Human intelligence is limited, they havent even figured out what
causes ms, let alone how to begin
to repair the damage done by it.
I think Tom had a good point though. It appears that there are
probably quite a few people and
organizations coasting on the misfortune of others.
.