OT: Bread wrapper color code

When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever
wondered which is the freshest, so you 'squeeze' for freshness or softness?
Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week?
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different
color twist tie. They are:
Monday =3D Blue,
Tuesday =3D Green,
Thursday =3D Red
Friday = White
Saturday = Yellow.
So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which is
Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue-
Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday. Its very easy to
remember. I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and
the bread wrappers DO have different twist ties, and even the ones with the
plastic clips have different colors. You learn something new everyday! Enjoy
fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color on the day you are
shopping

Jim B.
--
- - -
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message.

  • Re: Making Sourdough Bread in the Wilderness
    ... One interesting observation I've made of my own bread-making camping ... one for $5 from any grocery store that will measure 100F-600F! ... And--I'm taking a small fish tank thermometer. ... is a major factor in bread making. ...
    (rec.food.sourdough)
  • Re: Hunger is a terrible thing to waste on poor people
    ... Hispanic section of my grocery store. ... white bread which seems to be rather like Wonder Bread; ... Asian groceries are a good source for spice sauces. ... mirror 1: http://dsgood.insanejournal.com ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Another Obama whoopsie...
    ... No matter what sort of bread it was pretending to be, ... Lousy rolls, too. ... As a matter of fact there are FIVE Panteras in the Jacksonville area. ... at the grocery store for produce. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Bread wrapper color code
    ... Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? ... you would want red twist tie; ... I looked in the grocery store ...
    (alt.support.mult-sclerosis)
  • Re: Negro Gangs Run Wild, Savagely Beat Whites with Impunity
    ... beans and a loaf of bread? ... As I stepped into the grocery store, I calmed my adrenaline rush with the thought of, '7 ...
    (talk.politics.guns)