Re: Inclined to sleep Inclined study from Archive of old Insidetheweb site.

Wish I had either the time or the tollerance for this nonsensical banter.
I suggest you download this short news video and see for yourself. Pay
attention to the appearance of a well known multiple sclerosis charity
spokesperson in the video.

Request for more people with Spinal Cord Injuries to join our online diary
study.

Click On the link below to download and watch John Cann Walking on Carlton
Television News, after almost 11 years of paralysis below his injury site.

The file is 32.6 MB (34,200,035 bytes) zipped MPEG.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13376429/InsightSci_135-6649.rar.html

Link to Online Diary Study and more information about this simple
non-invasive free therapy: http://carecure.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Link To a pilot study that closed prematurely due to the Host for the
message board closing its services, nevertheless many of the posts reveal
compelling evidence in support of the inclined bed theory.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/inclined_to_sleep_inclined?lnk=oa&hl=en

Spinal Cord Injury

On Saturday April 15th 2000, John obtained the timber for parallel bars to
be erected at his home in Cornwall, On Sunday I went to John's home and
completed the job, for tomorrow was to be a momentous occasion indeed.

John was left paralysed, in 1990, when surgery to his spine went wrong. He
was told that after two years any chance of further recovery would be highly
unlikely and for the next six years he experienced little if any change in
his condition.

Monday morning I am on my way to John's home in Cornwall, to meet with Tim
Iredale, who is a news reporter for Carlton Television Southwest. We
intended to witness something truly magical. But could not have imagined
what was in store for us.

John was about walk in front of a television camera and crew for the first
time in close to ten years. John had told me that he had regained the
ability to move his legs, but I had grossly underestimated how much function
John had regained.

During the interview, John was asked to show how he manages to get out of
bed now and he transferred with ease both in and out of bed, leaning back
and lifting his legs. He was then asked to raise his legs while lying on the
bed and he obliged with ease. When asked if he could feel when touched on
his legs, he replied my legs feel like normal legs instead of heavy weights.
John then went on to explain how much of the swelling in his legs had
gone-and that this flies in the face of the current act of elevating the
legs above the heart. Advise from the medical profession, which John duly
ignored in favour of sleeping with his legs down.

Fortunately for John this meant that he could now wear ankle braces and
special shoes, which would, provided support for his substantially weakened
and as yet unresponsive ankles.

John approached the parallel bars in his wheel chair and applied the brakes
when he was in position. He grasped the two ends of the parallel bars and
using his legs he pushed himself into a vertical position. Towering some six
feet four inches, John moved one leg in front of the other, bending the
knees as he lifted each leg to walk 12 feet to the end of the bars. I turned
and looked at Tim and saw disbelief and astonishment flash across his face,
I bet my face was a sight to behold too. John then turned his powerful 19
stone body around and walked, yes walked back to his chair. Struggling and
somewhat weakened by the experience, he lowered his body into the chair and
his face had the expression of a boxer who had just knocked down his
opponent. He said casually: 'Was that alright'? John had indeed delivered a
powerful blow to his opponent.

Fortunately heavy rain prevented us from doing a retake and the rest of the
interview took place in John's bedroom.

When the story was finished and everyone was ready to leave, I turned and
thanked the camera man and Tim Iredale, who turned and said that this is one
of those days that you will always remember, one of those days when you know
exactly what you were doing.

The cameraman said while shaking my hand that: ' it has been a privilege to
work with me and witness the results from such a simple application'.

I drove home the richest man alive that day and will remember it for the
rest of my days.

  • Request for more people with Spinal Cord Injuries to join our online diary study.
    ... Request for more people with Spinal Cord Injuries to join our online diary ... Click On the link below to download and watch John Cann Walking on Carlton ... Television News, after almost 11 years of paralysis below his injury site. ... and lifting his legs. ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • Request: People with Spinal Cord Injuries to join our online diary study.
    ... Request for more people with Spinal Cord Injuries to join our online diary ... Click On the link below to download and watch John Cann Walking on Carlton ... Television News, after almost 11 years of paralysis below his injury site. ... and lifting his legs. ...
    (uk.people.disability.bikers)
  • Re: RR - "I hear them... I just dont understand what theyre saying"
    ... Jim Cook quote: "She's got perfect legs... ... I'd like to see little John, ... The big bruise on my leg turned an ugly shade of brown, ... but mostly I'm just sore as hell. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
  • Re: JP Update
    ... Bob Dorgan ... today marks the beginning of the eighth week that I've been ... > kidneys, control my diabetes, reduce the pain and swelling in my legs ... > John Pearse. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: The Pope likes The Blues Brothers.
    ... I loved Ray Charles, James Brown, John Candy, Henry Gibson and everyone else. ... They don't make movies like this anymore. ... spirituality does not play a significant role in the film. ... More from Movies news ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)