A low lesson in the mall
- From: Bjørn Steensrud <bjornst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:07:18 +0200
Went to a small shopping mall today, looking for paint. Small disturbance
outside the shop, I can't see - the attendant rushes out and calls security.
Elderly man lying on the floor, two men help him up and deposit him on a
Conscious, but pale, shaking, cold sweat. Me: "Do you have diabetes?" He:
"yes ...type 2"
/me tells security guy to get some juice and waves off shop attendant
bringing water. Security guy looks question at me, I mention lows and tell
him I have the same affliction and know the symptoms. Security guy returns
with juice, sits down with man, friendly calm talk, I ask him to make sure
the man gets something to eat soonish.
There are a lot of retired people (including me) using that mall, its coffee
shops and benches. I hope the security guy tells his colleagues - raising
- Prev by Date: Re: zeaxanthin
- Next by Date: Re: zeaxanthin
- Previous by thread: Foot fungus (tinea pedis) treatment.
- Next by thread: Re: A low lesson in the mall