All Calories Not Equal Metabolically

Here is a study I got from the Heart.Org

http://www.theheart.org/article/1419935.do?utm_medium=email&utm_source=20120627_EN_Heartwire&utm_campaign=newsletter

It is interesting and shows that low fat, traditional diets fared worse in
resting energy burning and low carb was best. the low glycemic diet was
inbetween. The small study also found problems with both the low fat and
low carb as to other health aspects, like the low fat incresed metabolic
syndrome issues and the low carb had hormonal effects with cortisol and
inflammation issues, so it recommened the low glycemic as safest long erm.
they did say that they could only follow each diet for a month because of
the length of time they could keep the subjects under study.

Anyway, enjoy the article and lets see what everyone thinks about it.

Wendy

  • Re: The definitive study on dietary fat and weight
    ... > One of the big problems with the literature has been basically to say ... > which is a very generous definition of low fat. ... > courtesy to the low carb fans out there). ... contemplated a diet in which you were allowed to eat unlimited carbs but fat ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: Low Fat Controversy.
    ... What amazes me is the "control" group were if anything utterly feral. ... diet the "experts" could throw at them. ... heart disease, cancer and logically would produce weight loss. ... low fat has certainly been one of them. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Emotional brain drives eating
    ... do well with a diet geared toward a diabetic as it also addresses the ... question the science behind the American Heart Association diet ... recognise that the evidence was suggestive and not concrete. ... alternatives ie low fat and bad fat, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: BMJ: BS-testing is ineffective and harmful for newly dianosed T2s.
    ... carb, low fat, low animal protein diet for 17 ... but depending on what I eat and the amount of exercise the ... those who are either low carbing or low fat dieting. ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • Re: Age at Diagnosis
    ... you actually tried to do it with out medications. ... when you claim to have been doing low fat while newly diagnosed and with out ... follows the low-fat high carb diet, loses weight, improves ... diet continues. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)