A very good recipe for type 2, high blood sugar, and a very bad recipe for my gastroparesis
- From: A Moose in Love <parkstreetbooboo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 13:00:49 -0700 (PDT)
I got this recipe from Pandora from rec.food.cooking. It's marvelous.
One hour after eating a full bowl, my blood sugar was at 6.8. Two
hours after eating, my blood sugar was at 5.4. It doesn't get to 5.4
However, I have serious trouble digesting this soup; I cooked the all
the veggies very soft, but a couple of hours after eating, I feel like
a 90 year old man. I'm 56 btw. I don't know if it's the barley, the
veggies or what??? Input appreciated. Tomorrow, I will eat some of
the soup with no barley and see if I improve.
I've also been thinking of making soups like this, and blending the
veggies after cooking so that the fiber is broken up.
It's a pretty good soup btw. I add a touch of soy sauce to liven it
Instead of making my own veggie stock, I used campbell's organic
vegetable broth. I thought that it might raise blood sugar, but it
didn't. The reason I thought my BG would go up? There is peach juice
and cane syrup in the broth.
BARLEY AND PEPPERS SOUP
Ingr. For 4 people
2 peppers (1 yellow and one red) - cut into pieces
1 stalk celery
200 gr of pearled barley
1 lt vegetable broth
1 sprig of rosemary
1 chili pepper or black pepper
2 tablespoons of oil
1/2 cup chopped parsley
HOW TO PROCEED:
Prepared the vegetable broth. Cut into cubes carrot, celery, and onion
and then sauté in a crock pot along with peppers. Add barley and
toast for 3 minutes, then add the broth, the sprig of rosemary and
chili. Cook for 20 -30 minutes or until the barley is tender. Remove
the rosemary sprig and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ladies: Berries Keep Your Brain Sharp In Old Age
- Next by Date: Re: A very good recipe for type 2, high blood sugar, and a very bad recipe for my gastroparesis
- Previous by thread: Re: OLIVE OIL ELIXIR
- Next by thread: Re: A very good recipe for type 2, high blood sugar, and a very bad recipe for my gastroparesis