[off-topic] internet-enabled thermostat
- From: Wes Groleau <Groleau+news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:39:10 -0500
Anyone here rich enough to afford a $400 internet-enabled thermostat? (Don't raise your hands)
“Later still, the chamber [of commerce] discovered that its office printer and even a thermostat in one of its corporate apartments were still communicating with an Internet address in China.”
My first thought was surprise that an infected PC brought back from China had malware that could find and invade an internet-enabled thermostat. That would be rather clever coding.
But then I realized, the thermostat was probably assembled in China and programmed there to scan for Windows hosts once inside of a purchaser’s firewall. This would be a much easier task.
And it would be fairly easy for such a thermostat to act as a relay for all sorts of mischief, bypassing all firewall protection.
You're all individuals!
Yes, we're all individuals!
You're all different!
Yes, we are all different!
("Life of Brian")
- Prev by Date: Re: new ACP type 2 treatment guidelines
- Next by Date: Hope for Outsider
- Previous by thread: new ACP type 2 treatment guidelines
- Next by thread: Re: [off-topic] internet-enabled thermostat