Re: D-Limonene

On Jan 31, 2:14 pm, Ozlover <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
trigonometry1...@xxxxxxxxx | <trigonometry1...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 30, 1:58 pm, Ozlover <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
trigonometry1...@xxxxxxxxx | <trigonometry1...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

I suppose you know my two suggestions for GERD?
Betaine hydrochloride with bovine pepsin capsules with
larger meals.
And 6 milligrams of melatonin at bedtime.
As I suppose you might recall, I constructed a special bed some years
ago that tilted the entire bed.  This helped and was better than the
bed wedges.
I did abandon this approach.
I know and have emailed others who have tried it all.
The first two will hold for most. I understand Julie this may not be
the case for you. Still best wishes and if you are good well this
is really great. I know with GERD one can REALLY suffer.
The betaine HCL does work even though PubMed has NOTHING on it.
PubMed does have a bit of research on melatonin in the context of
GERD.

I too have done the back aches in the past ...............Trig

  Oh, great! :-( Suggesting melatonin in, to boot, a ridiculously
high dose, without any indication of a melatonin deficiency!

  But heh, it's a 'supplement', OTC, 'natural', etc., so it can't be bad
can it!? Much better than those ugly, really bad for you, meds!

--
Frank Slootweg

It is better than the PPI meds, IMO (at least for me.) PPI meds are
actually pretty nasty over the long haul. Further, I state it works
for me and I make no claim as to whether it will work for thee.

  You did not just that, you made a *suggestion* ("I suppose you know my
two suggestions for GERD?").

  6 milligrams is a ridiculously high and possibly dangerous dose to
suggest without any facts/disclaimers.

  In our country - and many others - the usual/starting dose is *0.1*
milligram. Your 'suggestion' is *sixty times* that! That's
irresponsible!

There is some research though it is limited.

  I wonder why *that* is!? :-(

--
Frank Slootweg

Naw. If you try it. You'll find I am about right. The low dose will
work
for a night or two and that is it about it. Plus if YOU look at the
drug I mentioned
earlier above, it said to be longer acting than melatonin and
the drug company uses 8 milligrams of a slightly higher molecular
weight but very melatonin similar chemical compound.
Plus looking at serum levels is dead ass wrong. Melatonin isn't just
made in the pineal gland only, it is made in the GI tract for local
effects.
In one pilot study a daily of dose of 300 milligrams was said to have
been
well tolerated. Recall I wasn't talking about sleep but
gastroesphageal
reflux disease. I care little to nothing about "nature/natural", I
only care if
it works and the cost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rozerem

The reason for somewhat limited research is obvious which
is how research is largely funded and biases
and related revolving door jobs between government and the private
sectors. To think otherwise is utterly clueless.

It bet you didn't bother read the more recent research.

Do you want to provide those links?

Perhaps this one which I need to read in full myself and it will be.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21673361

I mentioned one that I had read earlier and YOU blew by it with no
real comment.
Perhaps I didn't provide a link? So here is the abstract and the full
paper is out there FREE for the reading. Just lift your fingers
and go to PubMed, type in the PMID number below and click
on the abstract link to the full paper.

1. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther. 2010 Oct 6;1(5):102-6.

Which is the best choice for gastroesophageal disorders: Melatonin or
proton pump
inhibitors?

de Oliveira Torres JD, de Souza Pereira R.

Joanna Dulce Favacho de Oliveira Torres, Universidade Federal do
Amapá, Campus
Universitário Marco Zero do Equador, Rod. Juscelino Kubitschek, KM-02,
Jardim
Marco Zero, CEP 68.902-280, Macapá, AP, Brazil.

Melatonin is used in many countries to improve sleep disorders.
Melatonin is a
hormone produced by the pineal gland and enterochromaffin cells which
control
sleep and gastrointestinal motility. Low levels of melatonin lead to
gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Most of patients with GERD
have a sleep
disorder. So, low melatonin levels is the main cause of insomnia.
Beyond this, it
has an inhibitory action on gastric acid secretion and seems to
control the lower
esophageal sphincter. Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are a group of
drugs whose
main action is a pronounced and long-lasting reduction of gastric acid
production. They are the most potent inhibitors of acid secretion
available
today. Omeprazole (one of the PPIs) and melatonin have similarities in
their
chemical structures. Therefore, we could consider omeprazole as a
rough copy of
melatonin. In this paper, we compare the advantages and disadvantages
of the
clinical use of melatonin and PPIs.

PMCID: PMC3091156
PMID: 21577303 [PubMed]

Some of the research mentioned above use 2 milligrams of melatonin.
Tiny dose melatonin is a seeking to fail action. Go too low the it
been
ever more marginal in benefit. PPI meds unlike melatonin are toxic
over time and degrade digestive action.

YMMV, IMO, IMHO, YMWV, this written for your aggravation and or
entertainment.

as good as a nuke test in the desert flats of the
outback...............Trig
.