Re: OT: When is a blessing not a blessing?

"W. Baker" <wbaker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ozgirl <are_we_there_yet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: "Susan" <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: news:9me34kF378U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: > x-no-archive: yes
: >
: > On 1/1/2012 9:48 PM, Cheri wrote:
: >
: >> How long ago was this? And how could they really stop you from using
: >> your own bags?
: >>
: >
: > I've lived in metro NY my entire life and have NEVER been required nor
: > heard of anyone required to use a store bag for any purchase. I have
: > brought my own for a few years, and have refused unnecessary bags for
: > many years in all sorts of stores. For large items, six packs, etc. I
: > ask for PAID stickers.
: >
: > Susan

: Well you can come off your high horse because she said it was in the
: commissary that she was told that. I seriously doubt you have ever been
: in a commissary. That's the problem with killfiling people, you only see
: what's repeated in other people's posts. To properly bitch about someone
: its always best to know what they actually say when you want to reply to
: it.

There was an awful lot of commentary about how ungreen NYC was that turned
out to be all in that, at first not named, commisary that seemed to be
the problem. It does set one off when one's community is attacked
unjustly.

I did not say they were currently ungreen. I said they were when I lived
there, in the area where I lived which was Staten Island. The commissary
was in Brooklyn and probably still is. I can not speak for how they are
now. I don't know anyone who lives there now.

.