Re: OT: When is a blessing not a blessing?

"Julie Bove" <juliebove@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jdr466$np3$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes! Exactly! I was horribly shocked about how ungreen they were when I moved to NY. They insisted on my having one of their bags for everything I bought. There were no reusable bags and if we brought our own we could not use them. They also did not recycle where we lived. We did have recycle bins but everything was dumped together and treated as trash. We were told it was cheaper that way. Now you could get 5 cents back per can if you were willing to stuff them into the disgusting machines and then wait in line to get a receipt for money off of your groceries. But that only worked for the cans that came from NY. I frequently had cans from PA and those were treated as trash.

How long ago was this? And how could they really stop you from using your own bags?

Cheri

  • Re: People are pigs
    ... and bags of trash every day. ... It was full of human feces and a makeshift toilet made ... cans, but mostly beer cans. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: People are pigs
    ... and bags of trash every day. ... It was full of human feces and a makeshift toilet made ... cans, but mostly beer cans. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: People are pigs
    ... and bags of trash every day. ... It was full of human feces and a makeshift toilet made ... cans, but mostly beer cans. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: People are pigs
    ... and bags of trash every day. ... It was full of human feces and a makeshift toilet made ... cans, but mostly beer cans. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: People are pigs
    ... We've taken out an easy chair and a broken patio table, and bags of trash every day. ... It was full of human feces and a makeshift toilet made out of a plastic bucket with a toilet seat. ... Every day on the trip out and back we pick up cans and bottles, some in the camp and day use sites and several along the roadside. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)