Re: OT: When is a blessing not a blessing?

"Julie Bove" <juliebove@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jdr466$np3$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes! Exactly! I was horribly shocked about how ungreen they were when I moved to NY. They insisted on my having one of their bags for everything I bought. There were no reusable bags and if we brought our own we could not use them. They also did not recycle where we lived. We did have recycle bins but everything was dumped together and treated as trash. We were told it was cheaper that way. Now you could get 5 cents back per can if you were willing to stuff them into the disgusting machines and then wait in line to get a receipt for money off of your groceries. But that only worked for the cans that came from NY. I frequently had cans from PA and those were treated as trash.

How long ago was this? And how could they really stop you from using your own bags?

Cheri

.