Re: Fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain--differences and similarities

"BessieBee" <BessieBee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6cSdq.23543$Ll3.7489@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 9/19/2011 7:24 PM, outsider wrote:
On 9/19/2011 6:12 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

I could sleep on the floor now, 10 years ago I was like the Princess and
the Pea!

As a youngster I was lucky enough to see that as "Once Upon a Mattress"
with Carol Burnett. At my age, constantly on the margins of pain in
many parts of my body, I am at a point of demanding a really
comfortable bed.

Several months ago I got a new memory foam bed. I love it! It's very different from a coiled spring bed like I've slept on for years (and the water bed I slept on for years before that) and it took a night or two or three to get used to, but I'm not sure I could sleep on a "regular" bed now. I sound like a commercial, but I really do fall asleep faster and generally wake up feeling good - without the aches and pains of my old bed.

With the memory foam I have the option of being able to add an adjustable frame in the future when the wallet agrees.

I know a memory foam is not for everyone - as the salesman said to me, "You either love them or hate them." My son thinks it's awful. I think it's wonderful and I haven't slept this well in a very long time.

BessieBee

When I first moved onto a water bed I suffered a lot of aches and pains but once I had slept in it a while it became heaven. When I went back to a regular bed I got the aches and pains again and again I eventually adapted.

.