Re: Diabetes or Not?

x-no-archive: yes

On 7/25/2011 8:37 PM, hemyd wrote:

Kate, I recall Old Al being an advocate of combined Insulin - Metformin
routine. It was largely thanks to him that I requested my endo to put me on
Insulin.

OldAl is LADA, IIRC. Not sure he recco'ed it for everyone.

In any case, I don't share his unbridled enthusiasm for metformin, but he sure provided a lot of citations and good discussion that I appreciated.

Susan

  • Re: Disagreeing with Endo
    ... I have been wound free for about three months but they have me on 180 units of insulin a day. ... It has a normal amount of carbs but is about double protein. ... My Endo and regular doc keep saying that we can get my weight down after they are sure that the CA MRSA is complete under control. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Disagreeing with Endo
    ... I had to go straight onto insulin. ... My Endo and regular doc keep saying that we can get my ... some of the weight off. ... insurance saying that I was not willing to properly treat my diabetes. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Disagreeing with Endo
    ... I have been wound free for about three months but they have me on 180 units of insulin a day. ... My Endo and regular doc keep saying that we can get my weight down after they are sure that the CA MRSA is complete under control. ... When I talked to my endo about this he threaten to send a letter to my insurance saying that I was not willing to properly treat my diabetes. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Disagreeing with Endo
    ... I have been wound free for about three months but they have me on 180 units of insulin a day. ... My Endo and regular doc keep saying that we can get my weight down after they are sure that the CA MRSA is complete under control. ... When I talked to my endo about this he threaten to send a letter to my insurance saying that I was not willing to properly treat my diabetes. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: advice on starting insulin
    ... I never had lows on Lantus either. ... with me, so I went almost 7hrs without insulin, by that time, I was seeing ... My endo said to watch ... pump and we ended up moving, and I went on that by myself too... ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)