"Janet" <boxhill@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:97382uFurmU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Julie Bove wrote:
"Janet" <boxhill@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:970jp1Fp2uU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ozgirl wrote:
"Cheri" <cherig3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:iucu8t016v2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Especially when the "wah lah" was done on purpose, used often in
*webspeak.* :-)

Cheri

Susan is very lucky to have a friend who always gives her an "out"
when she is rude or uses the wrong word.... Oh to have a live-in
interpreter (and psychic) for one's every faux pas!

Why not just admit you didn't get the joke?

How was it the joke? What was the funny part? Taking a stab at
people who can't spell? Because that's generally who I see using
such a spelling.

Whether or not you or she think it a good joke, and whether or not you
understand it--no, it is not directed at poor spellers--a joke it clearly
was.

Then explain it! Because you obviously "got" it.

  • Re: "sports" drinks
    ... Susan is very lucky to have a friend who always gives her an "out" ... when she is rude or uses the wrong word.... ... Why not just admit you didn't get the joke? ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: "sports" drinks
    ... Susan is very lucky to have a friend who always gives her an "out" ... when she is rude or uses the wrong word.... ... Why not just admit you didn't get the joke? ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: "sports" drinks
    ... Susan is very lucky to have a friend who always gives her an "out" ... when she is rude or uses the wrong word.... ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: A Whale In A Hospital Bed Ponders Life...
    ... So nobody got that old inside joke, ... And I'm afraid you will have great job security, my friend. ... I knew smaller kids were being bullied, ... for 10 days and feeling fine I was stretching the truth a bit.) ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: I have a question.
    ... I aspire someday to write a joke so obscure, ... "There is no such thing as the Safeway. ... There is on the Lucky -- and the Purity." ... and decided to search for "Lucky stores Napa". ...
    (talk.origins)