Re: Fad diets in the treatment of diabetes.

impaul <reader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: : On 2011-04-27, Janet

much for posting this. It is precisely this tpe of language : > labelling
carbohydrate restriction a "fad diet" that raises my hackles. : > : > I am
willing to bet you any amount of money that if I had asked if they had : >
any books on cooking with "healthy whole grains" she would have led be
right : > to some, with no blather about "fads." Same thing if I had asked
about : > gluten-free baking. Yet one is a "fad" as much as the other. : >
: > :

Still, I like to see some numbers regarding "low carb" in low carb
diet : in relation to the total number of Calories intake; or how much :
saturated fat will get one into obesity. The low carb need to be :
quantified.

: The extract doesn't say anything about saturated fat effect on someone
: who already has cardiovascular disease. The statement that heart
: disease can be resolved with glycemic control implies, to me, that
: it is claimed that heart disease may be caused by glucose & not fat?

: BTW, the year I had my CABG, my FBG was 98 & triglcerides @ 167;
: didn't show any A1c at that time but can believe that it was under
: 5.0 as it is now asof 6 mo ago.

: I still eat rice 4 times a week, 2 tuna/cheese sandwich twice a week,
: a muffin for breakfast & starting again to eat a tuna/cheese bagette
: once a week.

: Guess maybe I'm still outside the curve & don't count.

I have not had any cadio problems(knock on wood) including the 25 years I
have been diabetic. I lost considerable weight after diagnosis, following
a regular low calorie, controlled carb, low fat diet and fear that ket me
on it. When my bgs stabilized adn I went off insulin, the fear receded
and I floundered around for several years. Over the last about 16 years,
I have been on, what I would catagorize as a moderate carb diet(between
60-100 grams a day) and have maintained my weight loss with daily weighing
so it doesn't kind of slip higher without my looking. I am on fewer and
lower doses of med for both diabetes and bp, than I was on 16 years ago on
this diet. I'd like to lose more weight, but it seems difficult at 75.

Wendy

  • Re: Fad diets in the treatment of diabetes.
    ... I like to see some numbers regarding "low carb" in low carb ... saturated fat will get one into obesity. ... I lost considerable weight after diagnosis, ... "only" 20 lbs from what I consider a good weight for me at ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Whole Grains Cut Diabetes Risk For Black Women
    ... A weight loss of 0.5 kg in 10 years ...... ... i only wish those that publish low carb studies can be so honest. ... African Americans are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than whites, ... saturated fat, the researchers found. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Does losing weight cure Type 2?
    ... I don't think there are many in the civilized world who haven't struggled with weight from time to time. ... Mary, I believe you care, and I hope you don't get insulted by this comment, but you really need to learn just a little more about type 2. ... There definitely is a different kind of carbohydrate induced hunger that out of control type 2's experience. ... Even as a "Type 1" I eat low carb, and I know that the hunger is kept under control by this regimen. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Low-Carb Diets
    ... "Diabetes Treatments of Yesteryear" ... "Data on Negative Outcomes of High Protein, Low Carb Diets" ... mechanism by which fructose can cause cardiorenal disease." ... kidney disease, and cardiovascular disease. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Nutrition Recommendations and Interventions for Diabetes-2006
    ... its not if i want to include weight loss - weightloss is what they include. ... your posts to me many times... ... if this was true i would say that every time you post your advice. ... when the people in here on low carb high fat diets seem to be the ones on ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)