Re: Numbness on top of foot?

"W. Baker" <wbaker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:im7k3h$f6n$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Julie Bove <juliebove@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: I had thought of diabetes because she had darkened skin which I thought
: might be Acanthosis Negricans, a sign of insulin resistance. However
her
: darkened skin wasn't necessarily in the same spots as it would be with
that.
: And as it turns out, it scrubs away nicely with some effort. Up until
now
: she refused to scrub hard enough to make a difference. And she loves to
: wear black shirts which seem to have dye that leeches onto the skin.

: The Dr. said to me that numbness wasn't usually a first symptom of
diabetes.
: But when I told him it was with me, he hopped right on it.

: If she does have it, it would most likely be type 2 and not type 1. She
: does not seem to have any symptoms of that.

: She was complaining today of itchy skin and it does appear to be dry.
And
: she was complaining of a headache and stomach pains, which I googled and
saw
: that they are a sign of diabetes in children, but not necessarily
adults.

: However... I woke up this morning with what I thought was a migraine
and
: it's not gone. For me they usually last a good three days. Sometimes
more.
: I promptly threw up the two bites of cottage cheese I ate as well as my
: morning pills. Grrr...

: I feel fine now but hungry. I was fearful to eat dinner. I had planned
: make lasagna and the spinach wasn't going to keep much longer. So I
made it
: anyway. Both of us ate very little of it and mainly just the rice
pasta.
: She wasn't hungry either and that is just not like her. She is one of
those
: kids who is hungry all the time!

: So I think we have some sort of less than 24 bug or something. I hope
she
: will wake up and feel better because she simply can not miss any more
: school!

At this point, both of you are stressed and tht can lead to all kinds of
symptoms including loss of appetite(tigh stomach from worries).

I am no doctor and can't diagnose, but remeber that stress will bring on
symptoms. ( I am not talking about her foot, which started this
discusion)

I hope it all straightens out soon, for both your sakes.

I was sick prior to going to the Dr. Not sure about her. But thanks!

  • Re: Numbness on top of foot?
    ... darkened skin wasn't necessarily in the same spots as it would be with that. ... The Dr. said to me that numbness wasn't usually a first symptom of diabetes. ... She wasn't hungry either and that is just not like her. ... symptoms including loss of appetite. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Numbness on top of foot?
    ... I ask because Angela is having numbness there and up into her ankle. ... She will be tested for diabetes on Sat. ... I had thought of diabetes because she had darkened skin which I ... I feel fine now but hungry. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Numbness on top of foot?
    ... I ask because Angela is having numbness there and up into her ankle. ... She will be tested for diabetes on Sat. ... darkened skin wasn't necessarily in the same spots as it would be with that. ... She wasn't hungry either and that is just not like her. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)