Re: Told you so ... :)

"GysdeJongh" <JonghSevenHundredElevenAtPlanet.nl> wrote in message news:4d83a2ed$0$8889$882e7ee2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110317131045.htm

Cranky? On a Diet? How Self-Control Leads to Anger
People who make an effort to exert self-control are attracted to aggressive art and public policy appeals, according to a new study in the Journal of Consumer Research. They also don't appreciate messages that nag them to control their behavior.

"We set out to examine whether exerting self-control can indeed lead to a wide range of angry behaviors and preferences subsequently, even in situations where such behaviors are quite subtle," write authors David Gal (Northwestern University) and Wendy Liu (University of California San Diego).

"Research has shown that exerting self-control makes people more likely to behave aggressively toward others and people on diets are known to be irritable and quick to anger," the authors explain.

I don't believe in studies like this...at all. It's all hocus pocus and a waste of money.

Cheri

.