Re: Fiber Supplements?
- From: "Janet" <boxhill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:36:55 -0400
On 3/16/2011 4:22 PM, Janet wrote:
I would like to boost my fiber intake, and am thinking about
supplementing the fiber I get through regular food sources in some
way: by adding oat bran to something I eat, by taking an actual
supplement like psyllium, or whatever. Does anyone here have
something they use successfully? Mendosa says he takes psyllium, but I
note that it is a laxative,
which does not appeal. He also mentions glucomannan and guar gum,
which sound promising.
Psyllium is a bulking agent; it helps the trains run on time, but it
doesn't act as a laxative, from all I've heard. The opposite effect
is reported, too, in a good way due to water absorption.
I'm relieved to hear this from you and others. (Pardon the pun <G>) The info
I read about it this morning was accompanied by a warning about laxative
abuse and not taking it for long, etc. Sounds like that is not a concern.
- Prev by Date: Re: Fiber Supplements?
- Next by Date: Re: Long-Term Effects of Intensive Glucose Lowering on Cardiovascular Outcomes
- Previous by thread: Re: Fiber Supplements?
- Next by thread: Re: Fiber Supplements?