Re: Aggressive Diabetes Therapy May Raise Death Risk

x-no-archive: yes

On 3/3/2011 10:09 AM, Janet wrote:

Another reason why the recommendations of the Franz woman in Kurt's other
thread are dangerous, IMHO ...

That's the whole crux of the ADA/AHA scandal.

There's no danger documented by reversal of DM progress and tight control using diet and exercise or diet alone, when it's the right diet.

Susan

  • Re: High cholesterol protective against infection?
    ... There is a hypothesis about inflammation being a causative factor. ... greater effect, IMHO, although Italian diet is probably not as good as ... Effect of dietary fat intake and exercise on inflammatory mediators of ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: Joslin Diabetes Center
    ... >>posts and you basically started a diet on your own that was extremly low ... >>it with exercise. ... > better than I can with carbs. ... > plus some weight work three days a week. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Tobacco/diet and exercise/Fibro
    ... your experience included a hell of a lot more than a better diet and gentle exercise. ... But the fact is I DO feel better and I DO sleep better and I DO have a better outlook on life in general and it's because I DO eat better, I DO do gentle exercise and I DO take supplements to have fewer fibro flares. ... FMS is an intractable chronic pain condition that consists of widespread ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Recently diagnosed
    ... The levels of glucose in the blood can be ... Those who have been able to exercise like they never ... Exercise with a diet in which carbohydrate is thoughtfully assessed ... Trust your doctor in these matters. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Another Study Vindicates Low Carb
    ... Given that diet on its own works much better in BG control in folk who ... can't or won't exercise than exercise alone works in folk who can't or ... seriously still need some medication. ... Folks who do not exercise or can not exercise ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)