Re: what effect does fasting have on your readings?

17% Wrote;
no one said it doesn't but just exactly what is the point you want to make- Hide quoted text -

My point was a response as an explanation to blay's original post in
this thread.

blah Wrote:
"fasted for 16 hours, then on my next meal, ate some egg bread with
margarine, POW 177 reading at one hour. think it might have been the
egg
bread and/or the margarine rest of the meal was same as before, never
got
above 135 before."

Here's my first response:

"This is not unexpected. Immediately after fasting insulin resistance
is increased even more so that standard very low carb dieting. This
effect even happens in non-diabetics and its well noted in the
literature"

After that alot of folks protested.

Randy