Re: Well controlled t-2, yet neuropathy beginnings?

On Jan 4, 5:10 am, Chris Malcolm <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Using my meter I started identfiying and removing the food items which
were causing the BG spikes. The most serious culprit was those healthy
whole grains. The second most serious was starchy vegetables.

Removing those from my diet brought my postprandial BG spikes under
140. And after several months of my BG-healthy no-grain diet I was
recovering well from all those symptoms. The weird thing is that a
heart-healthy whole grain diet was supposed to help all those
symptoms. But it didn't. It was a heart-healthy no-grain diet which
did the trick.

Seems to be a not uncommon experience among T2s here.

Proving once again that anecdotal stories from low carb disciples
trumps any kind of science.

"Since high-fat protein sources, such as fatty red meat and whole
milk, delay stomach emptying and increase your risk for reflux, the
McKinley Health Center suggests limiting these and other high-fat
foods."

I hear that cutting the evil whole gains out of your diet and eating
low carb will give you the following superhuman powers: X-ray vision,
cause you to shoot spider web out of your wrists, turn green and
explode out of your clothes when you get angry, stretchability so you
can dial your kitchen phone from your bedroom, and the ability to fly!

Kurt

  • Re: OT - Mad Men
    ... I think of my father requiring 5 bypasses it scares the bjesus out of me as ... healthy and in their 70s/80s. ... shock to all of us when my healthy sister had a heart attack and died ... with my diet. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: Newbie Here
    ... experienced can lead to designing one's own healthy diet ... give food any thought at all till I was hungry. ... I think the main thing to remember is that a perfect diet ... can build excellent educational posts both with and without good lead ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Low Carb-Diets Focusing On Vegetable-Based Fat And Protein
    ... diet for a good decade before I began eating a low-carb diet. ... we ate pretty healthy for a darned long time. ... now try a low carb day for someone newly diagnosed, ... right this does nothing for the exercise. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Whole dietary patterns vs. reductionist approach
    ... > means that parts of the diet rather than the whole are studied. ... > diet consists of a mixture of foods, and those foods are composed of ... > Health Professionals' Follow-up Study that the prudent dietary pattern ... single out what foods are healthy and what foods are unhealthy. ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: Diabetes: Eating Right
    ... :: That's pretty much the kind of healthy diet I'd already been eating ... They are found in refined sugar and in fruits. ... fat and now they are a carb, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)