Re: Lisinopril?

"outsider" <outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:iekk6d$ljf$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/18/2010 11:39 PM, Ellen K. wrote:

Just want to clarify that the generally higher-than-other-people pulse I
mentioned is NOT the rapid heartbeat episodes described above but rather
what my pulse will be when randomly tested. I read about people with a
resting pulse of 60, I'm usually in the 80's or 90's.

I had that too. I considered it unacceptable as a permanent situation. YMMV

OTOH, somewhere I just saw that for people with hypertension, lowering the heart rate with beta blockers ends up causing MORE cardiovascular events. (Are we having fun yet?)

What information do you have to share about why a faster heart rate is bad?

My next personal hurdle is sloNiacin. I've been delaying trying it for more
than a year. After the holidays for sure.

Instead of statins?

  • Re: sinus t brady
    ... In fact many athletically conditioned folks have a resting ... >heart rate that is in the 40s or 30s. ... resting pulse down considerably, if your heart is still healthy. ... endurance athletes can have resting pulse below 30. ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: OT: An Army of One
    ... My resting pulse is below 40. ... A 40 heart rate is a dream. ... running logs showing my regular resting pulse rate to be between 43 ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: OT beta blockers
    ... lowering the heart rate is one of the things a beta blocker ... resting pulse often and make sure it's not too low, ... I'm taking it because my heart rate has been too high, which means they drop my heart rate into normal range, not too low. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Lisinopril?
    ... mentioned is NOT the rapid heartbeat episodes described above but rather ... resting pulse of 60, I'm usually in the 80's or 90's. ... I've been delaying trying it for more ... After the holidays for sure. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)