Re: OT I'm getting MUCH less spam!

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Kurt
<kurtwheeling1965@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 18, 1:41 am, "Ozgirl" <are_we_there_...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd be seriously munging my email addy if I were you. I don't get spam
at all, ever, on my ISPemail addresses as I have never used them in
newsgroups, freecycle, forums etc. When I first started newsgroups I
didn't know and by the time I changed ISP's the next time I was getting
thousands of spams.

I use a hotmail address that is workable and don't mind the little
spam it collects. However, lately I've received some pretty nasty
emails from what obviously is someone (actually two different people)
in here. They try to disguise their writing style but no surprise they
are not very clever and I'm pretty sure of who they are. Oh well, the
price I pay for not being in with the in crowd. :)

Kurt

More innuendo. So, by throwing out the dirt, everyone gets a little
spatter.

Who, specifically, do you suspect?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d & e; metformin 1500mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (To Medicate - Or Not?)
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

  • get e-kelp
    ... Newsgroups: uk.misc,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.media ... and I like jokes. ... Some people can laugh, you see. ... And as for you spams, exactly how much good have they done so far? ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.policy)
  • Re: For Ray and other travel agents
    ... Can you give a reference that newsgroups should not be used ... for personal emails between two people, ... I consider it timely information. ... I consider it HARD information about the frequency of his spams! ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: When a newsgroup ought to be shut down
    ... That is also quite common among all usenet newsgroups. ... I use my Yahoo posting account to post via Google. ... account is about 2 legit email and about 200 spams, ...
    (rec.org.mensa)
  • Re: Spam
    ... and if you are serious about stopping spams on Microsoft ... This Spam Plastered to all newsgroups in the MS hierarchy. ... IN NO EVENT SHALL LD55ZRA ... BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, ...
  • Re: THANKS TO ALL
    ... posting email address so it's now obvious it is a dummy. ... real address in error and get a couple of hundred spams a week! ... deliberately set their newsreaders so that they display an invalid email ... that automatically scan the newsgroups looking for email ...