Re: Bariatric Surgery to 'Treat' Diabetes: Worth the Costs?

"Personally I would be very concerned about possible complications from
the
surgery itself."

It is being used in people whose obesity and diabetes provide risks far
far above those of surgery

  • Re: Surgery Beats Medical Tx for Diabetes Cure
    ... TLANTA -- Bariatric surgery's beneficial effects for type 2 diabetes ... "It's well known that gastric bypass is a tremendously powerful ... As with any major surgery, ... surgeries pose potential health risks, both in the short term and long term. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Gastric Bypass
    ... I have mentioned before that I contemplated gastric bypass, ... reputed to stop type 2 diabetes in its tracks, ... this surgery can be a serious risk. ... I don't know what you want me to say - there are risks to every surgery. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Gastric Bypass
    ... I have mentioned before that I contemplated gastric bypass, ... reputed to stop type 2 diabetes in its tracks, ... this surgery can be a serious risk. ... benefits outweigh the risks. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Bariatric surgery is not a cure (because WE say so!)
    ... gastric banding. ... (weight loss surgery). ... know that the diabetes hasn't been cured, ... So you think the fact that others enjoy insulting each other excuses ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Bariatric surgery is not a cure (because WE say so!)
    ... Chris Wrote: ... When I made the claims it was about all types of weight loss surgery, ... something like - "Diabetes From Pathology to Cure". ... kinds of bariatric surgery and their relevance to diabetes, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)