Re: Taking Insulin w/out Testing

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:02:57 -0700, Trawley Trash
<trash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:38:52 +1100
Alan S <loralgtweightandcarbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Insulinitis

Is this new Trawley trash actually PBH in a different guise?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d & e; metformin 1500mg

I do not know PBH. I do change names, but not often.
I think I posted here once or twice before with this
same name.

Formerly diabetic and on 1500mg metformin.
a1c down from 11.1 to 5.9 in 9 months. Discontinued all
medication in April. I still take ALA and cinnamon. I consider
myself cured except for allergies which I have had all my life.
The diabetes is on top of other symptoms which I have always had.

I still watch this forum, because occasional flare ups
from dietary problems. It is impossible to eat in restaurants,
use frozen or canned food of any kind. Everything is made
from scratch. I eat all I want, and I am gaining weight and
strength. The diet is monotonous however. Most of the
time when I add something new my blood glucose shoots
up and I have to wait two weeks for it come down.

I want to travel a bit, but it will be difficult.

You sound like you have good control. Excellent - congratulations.

However, that does not mean that you are either cured or formerly
diabetic. Your own comments on eating out tend to reinforce that.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d & e; metformin 1500mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (To Medicate - Or Not?)
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (Buenos Aires, Argentina)