Re: Warm feet (Was Re: Noise, Numbers, Correlations, and Mistakes 2)

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:11:35 -0400, Susan <nothanks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

x-no-archive: yes

Janet wrote:

I wear Tevas outside most of the summer. I often walk for miles in them, and
they are both tough and comfortable, since they don't bind the foot
anywhere. I just have the regular kind, but they make some more substantial
ones for hiking and so forth.

I have Tevas, but much prefer Keens for comfort and for protecting my
whole foot; I've used a pair of these for years, and expect to wear
the same ones for many more since they look like new after much hiking
and paddling: http://tinyurl.com/262hzdn

I'm big on foot comfort. I refuse to wear high heels or tight pointy shoes.
I wear Dansko clogs during cool months.

I knew I'd gotten old when I no longer cared if my shoes were sexy, only
comfortable. :-) I wear Merrell Primo Chill fleece lined clogs in
winter, a lot of Born, Sofft, etc.

I do not have loss of sensation in my feet, and since I am so often barefoot
I can see that they are not injured! In addition, when I have had a cut or
something on a toe, it has healed up within a day or two.

That's how it goes for me, too.

Susan
When I go out I wear New Balance.

But I have to be honest. Living in the sub-tropics I usually go
barefoot around the house and my own yard.

I grew up barefoot, including going to Primary (Elementary) School
barefoot, so my feet are wider than average and my soles are thicker
than most. Not quite a hobbit, but I can relate to Frodo.

However, I don't have neuropathy yet. If that occurs I will probably
change my ways.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d & e; metformin 1500mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (To Medicate - Or Not?)
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

  • Re: Warm feet (Was Re: Noise, Numbers, Correlations, and Mistakes 2)
    ... and they are both tough and comfortable, since they don't bind the foot ... I actually don't wear them often. ... The shoe would slide forward ... I'm big on foot comfort. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: diabetic friendly shoes?
    ... don't preach that line of reasoning. ... my right foot. ... And every time I walk barefoot, ... I have to wear compression stockings for edema, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: diabetic friendly shoes?
    ... As someone who went barefoot to Primary School and has soles ... I wear thongs ... Diabetics should wear swim shoes while in a pool. ... place where you can really hurt your foot. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT - Follow-up on Crocs - Good Article
    ... I wear them both ways, with and without socks and both are ... comfortable and certainly they don't slip around, ... foot bed if that makes sense. ... look big but you sure can't beat them for comfort ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: Warm feet (Was Re: Noise, Numbers, Correlations, and Mistakes 2)
    ... I have Tevas, but much prefer Keens for comfort and for protecting my whole foot; I've used a pair of these for years, and expect to wear the same ones for many more since they look like new after much hiking and paddling: http://tinyurl.com/262hzdn ... I wear Dansko clogs during cool months. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)