Re: A1c not a reliable measure of mean blood glucose

Chris Malcolm <cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kurt <kurtwheeling1965@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 29, 5:13???am, Chris Malcolm <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kurt <kurtwheeling1...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 28, 6:52???pm, Chris Malcolm <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So why is prediabetes being ignored? Why do doctors wait until the
condition has become incurable before they start treating it?
Once again, you are presenting your opinion as fact and making
sweeping generalizations. Where is your cite that "doctors wait until
the condition has become incurable before they start treating it"?

A cite? It's simple logic!

So there it is, no need for a cite when you say things because they
are a higher source than any other that could be named. "Cite? I don't
need no stinkin' cite!"

Deductive logic, in which the premises necessarily entail the
conclusion, is indeed a higher source than any other. Would you refuse
to believe that 234 + 432 = 666 if I didn't cite a web page to "prove"
it? :-)

The fallacy is that you state that "doctors wait until the condition
has become incurable before they start treating it" and then 'prove' it
by stating:

A cite? It's simple logic!

If doctors treat diabetes, which is incurable, and don't treat
prediabetes, which is curable, then they're waiting until the
condition has become incurable before treating it. QED.

I.e. you 'prove' your statement by repeating it, only in different
wording.

Point is, you have no proof that doctors wait and have no proof that
doctors do not treat prediabetes. You apparently *think* that's the
case, but until you provide some proof, it's just your *opinion*,
nothing more, nothing less.

Finally getting the picture here that your criticism of me not
questioning authority of doctors and the ADA (which I do often) is not
based on that, but rather based on the fact that I question *your*
authority which you feel is above question. Got it.

Being unaware of the authority of logic, you have drawn the false
conclusion that I must consider myself a supreme authority. Or perhaps
you simply don't trust your own powers of reason. In which case you
shouldn't really draw any conclusions about how authoritative I
consider myself without finding a supportive citation :-)

Getting snotty when people call you on presenting your opinion as fact
is rather pathetic.

--
Frank Slootweg
.