Re: Anzac Day

Nick Cramer <n_cramerSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wish a meaningful day of recollection to all my Aussie and Kiwi friends.

Our thoughts are with all who were and are effected.

We are always very impressed when we see all the - well-kept -
monuments in Oz, even in the tiniest of towns. We - in The Netherlands -
have very few monuments, while there were many and heavy battles in our
country. We love the way Australians are proud of their country, their
people, etc.. I wish we had mode of that.

--
Frank Slootweg

  • Re: Anzac Day
    ... monuments in Oz, even in the tiniest of towns. ... We love the way Australians are proud of their country, ... attendance, Imagine my surprise when I noticed a fair bit of traffic on ... it's becoming a rite of passage for younger Australians and gets ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Anzac Day
    ... monuments in Oz, even in the tiniest of towns. ... We love the way Australians are proud of their country, ... I live in a smallish town north of Brisbane, last year I decided to go to the dawn service, about 4 am didn't think it would be a problem, the last one I had attended about 40 years ago there was about 300 in attendance, Imagine my surprise when I noticed a fair bit of traffic on the way and not being able to find a parking space within my restricted walking distance, later found out the crowd was estimated at about 10,000, it's becoming a rite of passage for younger Australians and gets stronger every year. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)