Changing from byetta

I've been using byetta for about 2 1/2 to 3 years, lately my stomach has been upset most of the time, stools real hard and painful when trying to pass. I stopped using byetta last week and those two problems have gone away. Also I am sleeping much better, able to get to sleep easier and not waking up as much during the night. So I feel I should change to something else.

I am currently using Glyburide and have used it ever since I was told that I hade diabetes.

After looking online at different drugs, I have come up with two that may work. First is Janumet (metformn +Sitagliptm) and second is Precose (Acarbose).

I am asking if anyone has used either of the two above drug and what the outcome of their usage is. Any downsides to the two drug.

  • Re: Changing from byetta
    ... been upset most of the time, stools real hard and painful when trying to pass. ... I stopped using byetta last week and those two problems have gone away. ... First is Janumet and second is Precose. ... I am asking if anyone has used either of the two above drug and what the outcome of their usage is. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Byetta - from the NYT
    ... I took my byetta and metformin with the Byetta shot before ... worst breakfast possible, so yeah, mny sugar level is goona be quite high. ... The users call the drug Lizzie, the Big Brother or sometimes Gilly. ... diabetes medicine, available only by prescription, whose popularity and ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Four more Byetta deaths
    ... The makers of the type 2 diabetes drug Byetta reported Tuesday the deaths of four more people who'd been taking the medication. ... Lilly could not rule out a link between the drug and the pancreas problems, Malone said, but he noted that there have been reports of similar problems with rival medications. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Beta-cell burnout?
    ... Not surprisingly, given the effect of hope on drug company stock prices, there seems to be a great deal of drug-company hype floating around about Byetta. ... Back when I had Gestational Diabetes my doctor told me that my daily vomiting and continual nausea was controlling my blood sugar so well there was no need to do anything further. ... because there is no attempt to determine what is broken in the glucose pathway before starting the drug. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Byetta is good stuff!!!
    ... She made a big point, in fact, that my blood sugar control is much better than that of the rest of her patients so that it is hard for her to address my concerns. ... It is very important to understand that the drug approval process does NOT require that the company making the drug understand how the drug works to achieve its effect, only that a very modest effect be proven. ... So a lot of the claims for Byetta, as with all the newer drug, are probably speculation. ... The drug company pushers are selling this to doctors as the latest great new thing for all people with Diabetes, and the doctor are prescribing it for anyone who walks through the door. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)