Re: Byetta?

On 4/14/2010 2:04 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article<tg9as59glfhagn7rdima3088ams9bumqfp@xxxxxxx>,
M?ck??<WeWillBe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:10:34 -0700 (PDT), Kurt
<kurtwheeling1965@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe I waited the suggested five years before I tried it.

It took 25 years to find out how harmful Premarin was.

Bet it takes less time that that to discover that an extreme low carb
diet is harmful.

Kurt

low carbing has been around for more than a decade and no harm proven
yet.

Longer than that. It used to be that T2s were routinely instructed to
do it.

PP

Hi PP,

Yes, I remember back in the late 50s that a neighbour came down with T2. My wife and I were still children and had no clue what this was about.

Her doctor ordered her on to an almost carb free diet. She could only eat very complex carbs. We were certainly amazed at her very restricted diet. It was her only treatment except for insulin. She could not use insulin because she could not afford to buy it. She suffered a lot of complications before it was diagnosed.

And here it is 2010 and We both have our neighbour's disease. We are lucky in that we have more tools available for treatment.

So, docs in the 50s knew what to do.

Michael

  • Re: Reversing Prediabetes
    ... is to treat it exactly the same as though it were already diabetes. ... I believe that aggressive treatment is important for pre-diabetes. ... like except insulin. ... I feel that changing my diet to include more ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Reversing Prediabetes
    ... I believe that aggressive treatment is important for pre-diabetes. ... like except insulin. ... I feel that changing my diet to include more ... Ingesting the carbs in this bread only produce a bump in my BG. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Insulin Resistance Reversible
    ... I am not the only poster here to have reversed peripheral neuropathy and insulin resistance and kidney damage with diet alone. ... Antioxidant treatment with alpha-lipoic acid has ... Alpha-lipoic acid, a naturally occuring compound and a radical scavenger was shown to enhance glucose transport and utilization in different experimental and animal models. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: metformin
    ... wasnt too much overweight that i wasnt type 2 that was his only reason ... I definately know im producing insulin myself because i did ask that question, i also asked if i could be insulin resistant he laughed at me and asked what id been reading. ... Your problem with wishing to lose weight *may* be compounded by both the quantity and components of your diet. ... Modern treatment methods call for a long-lasting basal insulin, like Lantus or Levemir, and fast-acting insulin like Humalog or Novolog, to be taken with meals. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Possible Biases in Clinical Trial Results
    ... their own treatment, that all these trials of treatment for Type 2 diabetes were trials where the drugs prescribed were combined with a low fat very high carb diet. ... Plus, when they talk about "insulin" here, they are talking about people who are injecting 100 units a day of basal insulin while eating 300 grams a day of carbohydrate. ... The data from many studies is very clear that basal insulin used in this way is rarely able to get the A1c under 7.0% and often leads to blood sugars that are over 200 mg/dl all day. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)