Re: Is this a problem?

In article <02e5s5h0n856im4jneu5dev8r62gir3t4f@xxxxxxx>,
Màck©® <WeWillBe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:56:04 -0700, Billy <wildbilly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

In article
<Peppermint_Patootie-EED85E.13191611042010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Peppermint Patootie <Peppermint_Patootie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article
<wildbilly-FC4B1D.00305311042010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Billy <wildbilly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article
<Peppermint_Patootie-59D694.22330709042010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Peppermint Patootie <Peppermint_Patootie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article
<wildbilly-FCBEE8.15470409042010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Billy <wildbilly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, but you don't want to get it on your car cause it'll take
the
paint off ;-) Happy Easter to you mon Cheri!

Ricavito

Uh, mon is masculin, ma is feminine. Am I to understand that Cheri
is a
man?

In French, the noun "cheri" is masculine, hence "mon cheri." She was
punning.

PP

Pardonnez moi, mais "chéri(e)" est un adjectif, selon le dictionnaire
Hachette. Chéri est aussi un roman de Colette (1920).
Sorry to be nit-picky. Never very good at this trany stuff ;O)

Nope. It's also a noun, and a masculine one.

From http://www.french-linguistics.co.uk/dictionary/

"chéri Noun, masculine (a) (mon) ~ (my) love, (my) darling"

I don't know how to add the accent marks in my newsreader.

And your use of "trany" is offensive to me. I have many transgender
friends, and my sister is married to a person who is transgender.

PP

trany - translation

No, he meant it in relation to masculine/feminine re: cheri.

tranny aka transgender/ed is not derogatory in an of itself.

Transgender people I know do find it offensive. Especially when used by
someone who is not themselves trans.

PP
- Chris Malcolm

  • Re: Is this a problem?
    ... paint off;-) Happy Easter to you mon Cheri! ... Uh, mon is masculin, ma is feminine. ... And your use of "trany" is offensive to me. ... and my sister is married to a person who is transgender. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Is this a problem?
    ... Uh, mon is masculin, ma is feminine. ... Am I to understand that Cheri ... and my sister is married to a person who is transgender. ... merger of state and corporate power." ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Is this a problem?
    ... paint off;-) Happy Easter to you mon Cheri! ... Uh, mon is masculin, ma is feminine. ... And your use of "trany" is offensive to me. ... and my sister is married to a person who is transgender. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Is this a problem?
    ... paint off;-) Happy Easter to you mon Cheri! ... Uh, mon is masculin, ma is feminine. ... and my sister is married to a person who is transgender. ... merger of state and corporate power." ...