Re: Is this a problem?

sometimers <sometimers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: On 4/2/2010 9:04 PM, Billy wrote:

: <stuff>

: I don't do and have never done Youtube.

: Homosexuality has never been any sort of problem in the
: world I live in. As a result, I don't let such arguments
: hold me hostage, let alone feel guilty, about your
: claims, any more than I refuse to become personally
: concerned about the Aermenian genocide. People are
: people. Someone is always imposed on by others. That's
: the nature of human interactions. But the joy of the
: postwar period cannot be denied. Neither can the
: relative misery of this age.

: I've written; you continue to find fault and to be upset.

: My commentary is on the changes I've seen during my lifetime,
: and perhaps indirectly a wish that we could return to happier
: times. It appears you see nothing but misery at any time.

: Physician, heal thyself.

You mist have lived in some other place than many of use growing up in the
40's and 50's. You knew of no "nice girls" havign pregnacy issues, no
problems for gay people, no women graduating from prestigious colleges
with deent record unable to get any jobs other than teacher in an isolated
boarding school or as a paid Girl scout director or a job dictating
letters to unhappy customers of a large book club, who finally decided
Public School teaching was beter than this dead end job. Th men
graduating from the mens college of the same university had ob fairs where
liberal arts graduates were offered jobs with big corporations who put
them through training courses. Women were told, on applying to law school
"Why should we give a place to you when you will only practice for a few
years before you marry and raise a famiy." That was the happy 50's.
Maybe it was for white, male heterosexuals, but not for most. The draft
was also quite a problem for that group.

I am no radical but will admit to working for Stevenson although still too
young to vote for him. You had to be 21 tovote in those days.

Wendy

  • Re: Is this a problem?
    ... no women graduating from prestigious colleges ... with deent record unable to get any jobs other than teacher in an isolated ... Public School teaching was beter than this dead end job. ... graduating from the mens college of the same university had ob fairs where ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)