Re: No feast for me
- From: BessieBee <BessieBee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:47:40 GMT
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:20:58 -0600, BlueBrooke
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:56:26 -0800 (PST), dumb_fishie99
So thank you so much, diabetics who eat everything and cause others to
think it's fine, and they should pressure people to eat it!
Whoa! I was hanging in there with you right up to this point.
And let's not forget the uninformed family & friends. I was DX
shortly before Thanksgiving many years ago. I would have preferred to
keep the news under my hat for a bit to "let it sink in" but my
husband took it upon himself to tell everyone. When we walked into my
MIL's for Thanksgiving it was announced for everyone to hear, "We have
no dessert this year because of Leslie's diabetes!" I was then handed
a plate heaping with mashed potatoes and the family favorite, corn
Sometimes we just need to make sure our family & friends realize that
"eating to your meter" involves more than not eating dessert.
"My face, I don't mind it because I am behind it.
It's the folks out front that get the jolt."
~My Grandma, 1898-1981~
- Prev by Date: Re: No feast for me
- Next by Date: The effect of whole body vibration on lower extremity skin blood flow in normal subjects.
- Previous by thread: Re: No feast for me
- Next by thread: Re: No feast for me