Re: Glucose test strips
- From: Van Chocstraw <boobooililililil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:44:57 -0500
Van Chocstraw wrote:Van Chocstraw wrote:I use Precision Xtra test strips. The insurnace cost is $107.00 and my co-pay is $46.00.
I can order them on line for a total cost of $49.00. So what's going on here? Is insurance really paying or are they forcing me to pay full price? I feel the insurance cost should be $49.00 and my co-pay $24.50 since they agree to pay about half.
What kind of screwing is going on here?
By the way, that $107.00 is the Walmart price.
I don't know what is going on Van. I do know that I buy strips here in Michigan for $40 per 100 at Walmart. I have no insurance for this so I pay full price.
Maybe the meter you are using is ripping you off for strips. If so, maybe, just maybe, the physician who is writing your scrips is getting a kick back.
I would just go into Walmart if I were you and pay 8 bucks for a new meter and another 40 for 100 strips.
I've been getting screwed all this time and no mention from my doctors or the insurance company or any store offering cheaper deals. Pathetic!
- Prev by Date: Role of lipids in beta cell health
- Next by Date: Re: Carbs, not saturated fat, at root of diet induced inflammation
- Previous by thread: Re: Glucose test strips
- Next by thread: Re: Glucose test strips