Re: 80% increase in type 1's under age 5?

<peterc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 28 May, 22:27, kurtwheeling1...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On May 28, 11:40 am, "W. Baker" <wba...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Julie Bove <julieb...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: "Susan" <su...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

:news:787nu8F1ksjtpU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: > x-no-archive: yes
: >
: > Julie Bove wrote:
: >> That's what the BBC news just predicted by the year 2020. They are
: >> blaming obesity and eating excess sugar. Hmmm...
Since when is either obesity or eaing sugar a "cause" of type 1? If
they
were talking about type 2, it might be arguable, but not type 1.

Wendy

My thoughts exactly. Julie might have been confused about which type
she heard. Here is an article that addresses findings about obesity,
type 2, and the young...

The story doesn't mention "excess sugar" - that's entirely an
invention of Julie's.

They did mention it on the segment I saw.

  • Re: 80% increase in type 1s under age 5?
    ... :> Julie Bove wrote: ... :>> That's what the BBC news just predicted by the year 2020. ... :>> blaming obesity and eating excess sugar. ... Since when is either obesity or eaing sugar a "cause" of type 1? ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: 80% increase in type 1s under age 5?
    ... :> Julie Bove wrote: ... Since when is either obesity or eaing sugar a "cause" of type 1? ... NEW YORK - Hardening of the arteries, ... but without diabetes, and 128 as obese and diabetic. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)